Saturday, June 9, 2018

Auction Bids Starts at 4 and 8 Million Peso @ Leon Gallery

Every-time I saw a multi million peso or dollar worth of art masterpiece. I came up with a question in my mind why did it goes up like that? Then I dig up the story of how it became that way. For me to understand the drama and history behind that great expensive art masterpiece. 

It reminds me of Bill Gates Da Vinci's small piece of notebook 16th century manuscript which cost $30.8m and Mona Lisa 15th century "doubtless painted between 1503 & 1506" painting was displayed at Louvre Museum, France valued of more than $620m as of 2016. Considered as the most expensive art being sold or traded.
Last night John of Larawan at Kape an Art enthusiast. Invited me to see these Philippine version of the greatest Philippine artist. Auction bids Starts at 4 and 8 Million Peso @ Leon Gallery - Eurovilla showroom 1 in Legaspi St. Makati today June 9, 2018. 

They feature an oval bas relief wood sculpture 39" long and 18 1/2" wide carved from a single dark piece of wood possibly Narra by our Philippine National Hero Dr. Jose Rizal. I also saw Malang, Amorsolo, Guererro and Manansala creations which I thought - I could only saw in TV, net, journals or book. 

But during this time it was close - close several inch to my eyes. Which I can almost touch with my fingertips then feel the artistic story inside. Owning these several masterpiece - Is not just become an expression. It became also a prestige and a symbol of being supportive to those great artists as well as nationalism. A cool time to reflect moments or maybe sing portrait of my love and how great thou art! 

Most of the painting represents the Philippine lifestyle for the past decades and centuries. Like Fernando Amorsolo painting "Under the Mango Tree", Vicente Manansala "Planting Rice", Ronald Ventura "Scream" and many dozens of art more to choose from. 

During the Art exhibit 2 days ago. I saw several corporations owner, art lovers and Philippine business tycoon roamed around to see the great art exhibit. Even saw some celebrities and art aficionado in art dress outfit. See more of pic and info about the Art Mid Year Auction here.




No comments: